usb 2

paz57 23:38 13 Jan 03
  paz57 23:38 13 Jan 03

I have a usb2 scanner and when windows xp found the new harware it said that i have no usb2 host controllers on my puter and yet mutivision insist that i have 2 usb points....any ideas out there, it might be quicker here than to mail multivision..

Hinny 00:25 14 Jan 03

click here
Cheers

PSF 00:31 14 Jan 03

Check to see if the USB2 drivers have been installed. I had the same on my pc when I installed a USB2 scanner, it is an Evesham pc and the USB2 drivers are on the hard drive in the drivers folder but not installed.

billyliv 00:35 14 Jan 03

Hi, Two USB points doesn't mean that your M/C is capable of USB2. Possibly your motherboard doesn't support USB2. Cheers, Bill

misery 19:32 14 Jan 03

You have the latest mobo driver for your system and USB is supported in the BIOS. Check Device Manager to see if you have a USB controller installed.

paz57 16:41 15 Jan 03

have contacted multivision by phone and they have forgot to put the usb 2 pci card in so thhey are going to sort it, i only had 2 usb 1 points...i will close this if all goes well

flecc 19:26 15 Jan 03

USB2 is only supported by XP with service pack 1 installed.

In your case it's likely that you haven't got service pack 1 installed, and you'll need to get a copy. It's a huge download, but Microsoft have made available a free CD, and some current PC magazines are carrying it on their cover discs.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now