USB 2

pb3kp 14:33 17 Jul 05

I recently bought a USB 256m pen. My computers will not recognize it. I have no problem with my 32m pen.

Do I need to add something so it will be recognized?.

bsmyth

woodchip 14:35 17 Jul 05

If you are XP it should work

pb3kp 14:41 17 Jul 05

I have XP on both computers with Sp1. A friend treid it on his computer and at work, it worked no problem.

Thanks for comming back so quick.

bsmyth

freaky 16:17 17 Jul 05

Provided you have Win XP then it is 'Plug & Play' so you should have no problems.

When you plug it into the PC, then it should show in 'My Computer' as USB Drive. If it does show there, then right click on it and select Properies.

woodchip 17:56 17 Jul 05

Have yo tried a Restore to a earlier time date

pb3kp 22:09 17 Jul 05

Thanks Woodchip.

I have done that and also a reinstall.

bsmyth

dan11 22:38 17 Jul 05

Are you using the same usb port as the 32Mb pen. Have you tried a different usb port?

pb3kp 01:05 18 Jul 05

1 computer has 4, the other has 13. Tried them all.

bsmyth

Technotiger 05:34 18 Jul 05

Hi, sounds like a faulty usb pen - I would return it/get it replaced. Have you tried another 256 pen ?

Good luck.

Cheers.

ventanas 11:40 18 Jul 05

Try the manufacturers web site, there may be a known issue. I have a 256mb pen and this will not be recognized if the pc has a existing F drive. Why I don't know, the pen doesn't want to be F, it doesn't care what letter it is. It just won't be recognised if F already exists. Fully documented on their site, with stupid advice for solution - change the F drive letter to something else. Ok easy enough, but not when its an optical drive, and many programs look for a cd at this letter. Took me a whole afternoon in regedit changing drive letters in various programs. Was not very pleased.

freaky 11:52 18 Jul 05

After you attach the Pen to the USB socket, then it should show when you open My Computer. Windows will designate the first free drive letter that it can find to the Pen.

If, on the other hand, the Pen does not show in My Computer, then the Pen is probably faulty.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…