USB 2

peterleemaxwell 20:46 20 Mar 04

I have a PC with USB 1. I'm thinking of upgrading to USB 2. I know they are backward compatible but do they both use the same leads or does USB 2 have a different lead? Any help
appreciated. Thank You.

woodchip 20:57 20 Mar 04

First if you do not have XP then you can only run USB 2 on a Win98se or WinME with a PCI USB 2 card that includes the USB drivers, You need to make sure that the drivers are supplied or it will not work. USB 2 cable plugs have different connections but a USB 1.1 will plug strait int a USB 2 socket

peterleemaxwell 21:07 20 Mar 04

Thanks Woodchip.
I do run XP and was thinking of buying a printer with USB 2. As I only have USB 1, I will have to upgrade. My friend says his 'rig' has USB 2 cabled through his I.D.E. slot on the spare floppy connection. Thanks for your info.

Hypnos 21:11 20 Mar 04

what is the difference between usb1 and usb2 cable? i have a usb2 device and the cable is the same, which was supplied by the maker, is the same as the usb1 cable...

woodchip 21:14 20 Mar 04

Plugs are different connectors inside the plugs, although they may look the same without close inspection

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…