USB 1.1 on MB

iqs 24 Dec 11

Hi,

I purchasing a Gigabyte MB on Tuesday,and it comes with 3 USB headers. One is USB 3,one is USB 2 and the last is USB 1.1

Is the USB 1.1 header actually the slower speed,or is it just named 1.1 for legacy reasons.

The case has USB 3 ports,so these will connect to the USB 3 headers,but the case has USB 2 ports and I also have a card reader ,which is USB 2

I really hope that the MB USB 1.1 header is not the slower speed.

Thanks

http://www.novatech.co.uk/products/components/motherboards/intel1155z68chipsetmotherboards/ga-z68ap-d3.html

KRONOS the First 24 Dec 11

Looking at the Mobo manual, the headers are marked USB 1,2,and 3.

The three headers or 6 USB's are all 1.1 which is the slower speed but you have 2 USB 2.0/3.0 on the rear I/O panel.

Manual.

iqs 24 Dec 11

OK,I thought that they were all as marked ? So all 3 are USB 1.1 Its is any point connecting any USB ports to these header then? Thanks

woodchip 24 Dec 11

All ports will work at the lower speed if old USB is connected to them that is the 1.1 speed but should work at higher speed if the hardware that plugs in is high speed usb

iqs 24 Dec 11

thanks for the help ,cheers

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

IKinema aims to banish droopy shoulders and wonky spines in animated CG characters

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message