USB 1 & 2 Leads Query

Jonno131 14:27 09 Mar 03

Probably a silly question but is a USB2 lead different from a USB1 lead? Reason I ask is that I have just installed a USB2 PCI card and found that my USB1 leads dont fit. Assuming that I need a different lead I've bought one (package labelled as USB2) at a Computer Fair and find that the terminal is exactly the same as a USB1 lead and doesnt fit into the USB2 sockets. Am I overlooking something or have I been done?

Rayuk 15:17 09 Mar 03

What is the make and model of the pci card.
USB leads are the same as you can plug usb 1 into them but run at the slower speed.

pj123 15:33 09 Mar 03

USB leads will only fit one way round. Make sure you are plugging it in the right way.

SEASHANTY 15:34 09 Mar 03

Lead connections for USB1 and USB2 are the same With the higher bandwidth of USB2 you MAY get better results with better quality shielding but naturally these will cost you more.

Jonno131 15:58 09 Mar 03

Many thanks for replies. The connectors are identical and just needed turning upside down plus a little friendly persuasion.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…