US teenager arrested for Blaster Lovsan

Belatucadrus 22:07 29 Aug 03

For those of you inflicted with this pests handiwork a little consolation click here
It looks like one Jeffrey Lee Parson is going to have his Christmas ruined.

whybe 00:50 30 Aug 03

Worrying what people feel the need to get up to.

Yo Sammady Sam 01:13 30 Aug 03

What is the worst that could happen to this kid? It always seems like the "worst" virus creators or hackers are then employed by the government to try and stop future hackers. Or is that just me?

whybe 01:24 30 Aug 03

Yes I was just thinking he could have turned his skills to something legal and much more lucrative.

Djohn 01:45 30 Aug 03

Just seen him on SKY news, He appeared unconcerned and smug!! j.

Bagsey 07:54 30 Aug 03

Put him away for 10years and the message MIGHT just start to get out that it aint worth the effort.

Andsome 08:43 30 Aug 03

These people are gross criminals. The fact that none of us want our computers ruined by them pales into insignificance when you consider the serious side of potential damage. These programs can affect emergency services, air traffic control, nuclear power plants, traffic lights, hospitals etc etc. There is a potential for serious loss of life, plus countless millions of pounds worth of damage. The minimum sentence should be at least twenty years WITHOUT any chance of time off for good behaviour.

Kitz E Kat 08:50 30 Aug 03

we just rang peoples doorbells and ran.....
The times are a changing...
Kitz

hoverman 08:52 30 Aug 03

Worrying thing is he won't be the last to unleash untold havok over the Internet, so we must be continue to be on our guard and keep our anti-virus and firewall software up to date.

GANDALF <|:-)> 12:02 30 Aug 03

He is assured fame and notoriety for the rest of his life. I would bet that he will be working in programming or SQL, in 10 years and earning nega-bucks a la Mitnick. He wouldn't be a bit of a porker perchance?

G

golfpro 12:12 30 Aug 03

From what I heard on the news, he only made a copycat version of Blaster, the swine who spread the original is still on the loose.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Gear VR vs. Daydream: Which delivers the best VR experience?

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5