us chickens

Digital 20:22 22 Aug 05

Whenever I click on click here off-line, I get a Done status & the message "There ain't no-one here but us chickens...".

Anti-virus,Trojan hunters, anti-spy & ad ware find nothing wrong. Anyone else got this problem or know anything about it?

I got into this site by using the /competitions address.

johnnyrocker 20:24 22 Aug 05

all i get is page cannot be displayed

mattyc_92 20:24 22 Aug 05

"http:// www.,even/" is non existant.....

mattyc_92 20:25 22 Aug 05

it is because the url is what I have stated above....

octal 20:26 22 Aug 05

Try clearing out the browser cache and try again, it looks like you are using Opera, the cache seems to work slightly differently than the other browsers.

VoG II 20:28 22 Aug 05

Um, but as mattyc_92 said, it is a non-existent site!

octal 20:29 22 Aug 05

It looks like just a typo.

mattyc_92 20:30 22 Aug 05

may well be.... lol

the statement makes sense with and without "even"....

Digital 20:39 22 Aug 05

The word "even" should have appeared after the link, not in it! Sorry about that. So, when I click on that link click here in Netscape, Firefox or IE I get the same "chicken" message.

I'll try clearing cache but I don't see how all three browsers were affected.In those immortal words, I'll be back!

Fateful Shadow 20:42 22 Aug 05

But at the same time very random. Like it lol :P

Digital 20:50 22 Aug 05

Octal, many thanks, you got it! I had to clear the cache in all three browsers for all to work normally. I had used all three to try to get through earlier in the day, presumably while the site was down, so all three must have picked up the "chicken" message then. Was it someone working on the server do you think, FE? If not, 'tis very strange.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Apple Event as it happened | Apple October Event live blog: Apple unveils new MacBook Pro at…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Graeme Messer's exhibition aims to challenge fears and insecurities

New MacBook Pro release date, price and specs | New MacBook Pro 2016 announced: Now with Touch Bar…