URL Problem.

donaldcro 14:15 09 Jun 08

I dont normally have problems visiting other web site addresses. In fact all the ones I visit are fine, bar one. click here My desktop computer takes an age to get to it, and sometimes does not get there at all. Yet, on my lap top, its fine. I goes there in seconds. Can anyone out there in the world of solving problems, try doing this one for me, as it is confusing me no end. Evem Radio Times cannot understand why my computer is acting so strange!

Thanks guys.

Donald.

Technotiger 14:26 09 Jun 08

Hi, your link opens normally for me. In IE got to Tools>Internet Options and then click on Delete Cookies and Delete files. Re-start your computer then try the site again.

donaldcro 14:56 09 Jun 08

I tried as you advised, but still no joy am afraid. Any one else with other suggestions please?

Donald.

Technotiger 15:02 09 Jun 08

You could try lowering your security settings in IE.
Start>Internet Options>Security ... Internet and Trusted sites.

Or failing that, perhaps you may need to 'Allow' the site through your Firewall, under Exceptions.

Technotiger 15:12 09 Jun 08

If no joy, you could then run the scan from Glary Utilities free from click here
it might be just a glitch in the Registry.

donaldcro 15:14 10 Jun 08

None of the advice received so far has worked, and I am still therefore having this problem. I cannot understand why I cannot access this URL which just happens to be one of my favourites as well. Any other offers please.
Thanks.

Donald.

Technotiger 15:17 10 Jun 08

Have you tried using a different Browser, like Firefox for instance?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…