//some 3rd party need geo

URGENT virus how do i get rid

holly polly 20:32 17 Jun 03

just discovered i have a virus,was running avg which didnt show the virus up at all ,after suspecting something was amiss with my computor i installed and ran norton anti virus this has picked up the virus BACKDOOR BIONET this was sucessfully deleted from various system files ,though unfortunately it is in my c/temp restore files and no matter how i try i cannot delete it ,my question is ,even though this has been deleted from all but the temp restore files ,will the virus continue to multiply or is it now harmless?and is there a way to remove it completely?

Jomi 20:37 17 Jun 03
  Gaz 25 20:41 17 Jun 03

You better tell AVG about your virus cos I dont want to catch it, and if AVG does not cath it then, AHHH. LOL.

Yeah, just clean out your restore points and it will have gone.

What actually was amiss is I may ask?

Thank god I run a trend micro and Norton Online scan every week then.

holly polly 20:45 17 Jun 03

ta very much just how do i clean out my restore points?

VoG® 21:02 17 Jun 03

Disable System Restore then re-enable click here

holly polly 22:27 17 Jun 03

sorry the link dont work ,can anybody explain to me exactly how do i clean out the restore points ,please urgently.

VoG® 22:31 17 Jun 03

Windows ME and XP:

NOTE: Windows ME and XP utilise a backup utility that backs up selected files automatically to the C:\_Restore folder. This means that an infected file could be stored there as a backup file, and virus scanners will be unable to delete these files. How to remove the infected files from the C:\_Restore folder.

Instructions for XP

1. Right click the My Computer icon on the Desktop, and choose Properties.

2. Click on the System Restore Tab.

3. Put a check mark next to "Disable System Restore".

4. Click the OK button.

5. If prompted to restart the computer. Click Yes.

NOTE: The Restore Utility will now be disabled.

6. Restart the computer in Safe Mode.

7. Run a virus scan to delete all infected files, or browse the files located in the C:\_Restore folder and remove them.

8. After removing the desired files, restart the computer normally.

NOTE: To re-enable the Restore Utility, follow steps 1-5 and on step 3 remove the check mark next to "Disable System Restore". The infected files are removed and the System Restore is once again active.

Instructions for ME

1. Right click the My Computer icon on the Desktop, and choose Properties.

2. Click on the Performance Tab.

3. Click on the File System button.

4. Click on the Troubleshooting Tab.

5. Put a check mark next to "Disable System Restore".

6. Click the Apply button.

7. Click the Close button.

8. Click the Close button again.

9. You will be prompted to restart the computer. Click Yes.

NOTE: The Restore Utility will now be disabled.

10. Restart the computer in Safe Mode.

11. Run a virus scan to delete all infected files, or browse the files located in the C:\_Restore folder and remove them.

12. After removing the desired files, restart the computer normally.

NOTE: To re-enable the Restore Utility, follow steps 1-9 and on step 5 remove the check mark next to "Disable System Restore". The infected files are removed and the System Restore is once again active.

With acknowledgements to click here

holly polly 20:12 18 Jun 03

did everthing you suggested scanned with norton ,system now clean ,many thanks to everyone who helped-holly polly.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…