//some 3rd party need geo

Urgent Virus Help Required

babybell 22:39 28 Apr 05

Im running a Dell Dimension 2400 with Service Pack 2, I have firewall running, pop up blocker running, and Norton Anti Virus enabled. Ive just had a message saying Norton had been updated then 2 mins later it says it has found a virus located in C:/Windows/Fonts/dnsurl.dll. It said it couldn't repair the file and access to it was denied. I ran Norton and it can't quarintine or delete it. So i thought i would do it manually but i have just gone in there and it doesn't exist, not even when i selected "show hidden and system files" Heeelllpp! Virus name: Trojan.Vundo.B, causes lots of pop ups, which has been happening!

alan227 22:57 28 Apr 05

One Vundo removal tool. click here

babybell 23:11 28 Apr 05

I just ran that program and it says it didnt find the trojan.vundo virus, and yet i have norton still telling me it has found a trojan.vundo.B virus, someone please help!!!

babybell 23:21 28 Apr 05

I feel like im up a certain creek without a paddle at the moment, really stuck for ideas! What do i do!

webbeez 23:26 28 Apr 05

A site i have used in the past has removed every trojan that my virus programme couldn't, so give a try.Go to click here and download the free scanner.

gudgulf 23:28 28 Apr 05

Try an online scan with TrendMicro click here

You don't make mention of any adware/spyware scanners.Try Adaware and SpybotS&D to start with click here click here

The Microsoft Beta Antispyware tool is also well worth having click here

babybell 23:33 28 Apr 05

I tried both Adaware and SpyBot both found nothing, cant even search and find the file on the pc, really bizarre

babybell 23:42 28 Apr 05

Trend Micro found nothing, infact it said in a patronising kinda tone "Congratulations, TrendMicro found no virus's on your pc", as im sat here with norton flashing up every second i dont believe it!

Number 7 23:52 28 Apr 05

Here's what Norton have to say about it- but first disable System Restore, download, install and run this click here.

Then click here and pay particular attention to section 3.c. about Safe Mode.

ps: dnsurl.dll isn't mentioned in the Symantec instructions.

p;3 00:00 29 Apr 05

click here could try this program, and select both processes and boot sectors in preferences

have all the other scans run clear?

I must admit that I had norton on my pc then got annoyed with it and changed to AVG which is free:)

what pop-up blocker have you got on your pc?

babybell 00:11 29 Apr 05

Already have CCleaner, used it, nothing special happened. Just ran McAfee online virus checker, found nothing, Symantecs Trojan.Vundo removal tool found nothing, adaware and spybot S&D found nothing, Trend Micro found nothing. Yet Norton Anti V is still on my screen saying it has found a virus but cannot delete, fix, or quarintine the file! I cant close the Norton box either, it just alternates between two messages and never goes away! Heelppppppppp

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…