URGENT! total security firewall

musopoet 17:55 22 Aug 09

A pop-up calling itself 'total security firewall' has started to appear frequently since I just booted up pc. The last occasion it informed me that somebody is trying to access my credit card details via my browser mozilla firefox.

It has also informed me that firefox is infected with worm known as Lsas.Blaster.Keyloger

This has alarmed me!

What's the best way to deal with this!

VoG II 18:02 22 Aug 09

Total Security Firewall is a rogue program.

Try the free version of malwarebites to remove it click here

musopoet 14:52 23 Aug 09

Cheers

Downloaded it but failed to open. Tried to put my pc into safe mode by pressing F8 (I have XP )and trying again. For some reason my pc won't go into safe mode just boots up with normal settings

VoG II 15:16 23 Aug 09

Try this method click here

musopoet 18:24 23 Aug 09

Ok - Managed to get into safe mode but still couldn't open the download. I couldn't open spybot-search and destroy either (and it's been like that for weeks)

What should I do now?...

Sea Urchin 19:40 23 Aug 09

Find the downloaded file - it will be called mbam-setup.exe - if you cannot see the extension .exe then go to Control Panel/Folder Options/View/ and untick the box against "Hide extensions for known file types".

Then right-click and rename the mbam file to something else (for example lucky-charm.exe) and then try to open and install it.

Try to update it before you run it, but if it won't update then run it anyway.

musopoet 20:20 23 Aug 09

tried to install it - everything went fine - but then it stalled when it came to 'finishing installation'

birdface 21:46 23 Aug 09

Look in msconfig and see if it is on start up in there.if so untick it.Apply ok.

You could try downloading this program.it is a pay for program but you get a 30 day trial and it will remove anything that it finds.if it asks for payment ignore it and carry on with the scan.If it downloads and runs it will also let you update and run your own security programs. best of luck.

click here

brundle 22:00 23 Aug 09

Perhaps these removal instructions will help; click here

musopoet 12:15 24 Aug 09

Managed to install malwarebites but it wouldn't open! Couldn't find it in msconfig start up.

Tried to manually remove Total Security following the advice given. However, couldn't locate the 'process' known as: tsc.exeSc2C21UvvM.exe in the windows task manager.

Do I need to remove this as well as deleting the registry values, files and directories? Do I also have to unregister the DLLs?

Where would I find the folder and files of this pest? What would be the name of the folder and files?

birdface 13:43 24 Aug 09

Can you start in safe mode.And try and run your security programs on there. [Just keep tapping F8 as the computer starts.]

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced