Urgent - Simple Wirless Networking Help Required

laurieballard 14:37 04 Nov 06

I have purchased two belkin USB wireless network USE adapters. I have installed them correctly on both machines. The probelm is that I get 'No network devices were found in range' message on both machines. I have tried rebooting both machines and nothing works. I want to chare the internet between the two Pc's. I dont have an access point or router but that shoudlnt matter right becuase the two usb adaprters should see each other.

Any helo would be appreciated.

ICF 14:50 04 Nov 06

Some info here

click here

ICF 14:52 04 Nov 06

More here

click here

laurieballard 15:28 04 Nov 06

Thanks for the info. I finally got them to talk to each other but i cannot get them to share data or the internet. Looking at the settings for both cards, when i click on connection details, there is no ip address subnet mask or dns thing on either machine.

They are set to auto find and ip address. Any ideas

ICF 18:56 04 Nov 06

Have you set up a network with the wizard within xp and have you enabled file sharing

happy dragon 20:19 04 Nov 06

what router are you using,are you accessing the internet via adsl or cable what security settings are you using with your wireless connection are you using wep or wpa

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…