URGENT PLS!! Can't get win2k to see max hard drive

spanneress 12:35 27 Oct 04

Am out at a customers ready to ship this monster PC for AV and have just put an extra 250Gb HDD in - Windows can only see 120 Gb of it - its on an Asus P4P800 mobo running Win2k...quick fix needed desperately please...has to be shipped in an hour and I have completely forgotten how to do it!!!

Yours beseechingly...

PSF 12:46 27 Oct 04

Have you looked at the manufactures site for the tools. Western Digital info click here=

spanneress 12:49 27 Oct 04

It is def a windows problem - BIOS recognises it is a maxtor 25o gig, windows explorer can't see it - have to go into Disk manager which can only see 128gig...got less than an hour to do this and pack the PC up...eeek!!

PSF 12:56 27 Oct 04

click here

Dowload the maxblast software to enable the full use of the drive.

ZokyUK 12:57 27 Oct 04

use Fdisk to check how much of your drive is set to be on a Primary dos partition,and if it isn't 100% than change it to 100%.I think that should solve the problem.Fdisk program should be on a normal windows start up disk as FDISK.EXE so make one if you don't already have it and try it out.

PSF 12:59 27 Oct 04

click here= more info here

PSF 13:03 27 Oct 04

click here I could not get to the download page it would reset to the home page. I got there in the end.

spanneress 13:43 27 Oct 04

I am sending you gladdies in Barry hUmphries stylee...you are both Stars!! It was the MaxBlast that sorted it...

I am sooo relieved...and so is the customer!

PSF 13:47 27 Oct 04

Glad you have it sorted. You can have a break now.
;-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…