URGENT PLS!! Can't get win2k to see max hard drive

spanneress 12:35 27 Oct 04

Am out at a customers ready to ship this monster PC for AV and have just put an extra 250Gb HDD in - Windows can only see 120 Gb of it - its on an Asus P4P800 mobo running Win2k...quick fix needed desperately please...has to be shipped in an hour and I have completely forgotten how to do it!!!

Yours beseechingly...

PSF 12:46 27 Oct 04

Have you looked at the manufactures site for the tools. Western Digital info click here=

spanneress 12:49 27 Oct 04

It is def a windows problem - BIOS recognises it is a maxtor 25o gig, windows explorer can't see it - have to go into Disk manager which can only see 128gig...got less than an hour to do this and pack the PC up...eeek!!

PSF 12:56 27 Oct 04

click here

Dowload the maxblast software to enable the full use of the drive.

ZokyUK 12:57 27 Oct 04

use Fdisk to check how much of your drive is set to be on a Primary dos partition,and if it isn't 100% than change it to 100%.I think that should solve the problem.Fdisk program should be on a normal windows start up disk as FDISK.EXE so make one if you don't already have it and try it out.

PSF 12:59 27 Oct 04

click here= more info here

PSF 13:03 27 Oct 04

click here I could not get to the download page it would reset to the home page. I got there in the end.

spanneress 13:43 27 Oct 04

I am sending you gladdies in Barry hUmphries stylee...you are both Stars!! It was the MaxBlast that sorted it...

I am sooo relieved...and so is the customer!

PSF 13:47 27 Oct 04

Glad you have it sorted. You can have a break now.
;-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Gear VR vs. Daydream: Which delivers the best VR experience?

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5