Urgent-Please Help reading .PS files

Hotfingers 22:09 20 Feb 03

I urgently need to read a .PS file, does anyone know how I can do this. I have searched the web and it tells me it is an Adobe file format. However I have Adobe and it will not open it. Please help this is extremly urgent/important.

VoG™ 22:12 20 Feb 03
  graham 22:14 20 Feb 03

Sorry, I urgently need to feed the cat, this is extrememly important so please bear with me. Make sure everything is pluged and nothing to loose.

graham 22:16 20 Feb 03

You beat me to it.

Hotfingers 22:20 20 Feb 03

graham

Did I miss something? The cat?

Hotfingers 22:29 20 Feb 03

I have downloaded the viewer but it says it cannot determine the type. I think the file is text only.
graham, I do not understand your post, is it supposed to be funny or something?

VoG™ 22:31 20 Feb 03

The file may be corrupt - where did it come from?

I think that Graham's cat is irrelevant - an attempt at humour.

Hotfingers 22:36 20 Feb 03

The file should not be corrupt but could well have been created on a differant system such as Linux. The file is downloaded from a website with several other .PS downloads that are all text.

Hotfingers 22:56 20 Feb 03

I cannot help feeling I am missing something simple here, it does seem a strange problem.
To give more details, which I was tying to avoid doing but am very desperate, the file is a document downloaded off my Uni website. It is a worksheet which needs to be completed by tommorow morning, however I do not have a hardcopy of it to work from. It is a text only document, probably created in Gnome Linux, and is known to work at Uni.
Thanks for you help

VoG™ 23:00 20 Feb 03

Try downloading again - you may have a corrupted download.

Do they only give you 24h to complete assignments nowadays?

Hotfingers 23:09 20 Feb 03

The assignment was set last week but due to illness.....
I have downloaded the file about ten times and tried opening straight from the web browser but it still will not open.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…