Urgent Password Recovery

phildux 09:06 17 Aug 05

A disgruntled employee has left the company but changed the passwords on 4 computers. can i buy any good software to be able to recover the passwords or how has anybody got any suggestions on how to get in.

Graham ® 09:10 17 Aug 05

Operating system? Are these desktops or terminals of a server?

Graham ® 09:13 17 Aug 05
  Terry Brown 09:13 17 Aug 05

On startup keep pressing F8 until you get the beep. This will give you boot options. Select the main hard drive and it should let you in as a limited user.

phildux 09:25 17 Aug 05

Windows XP pc terminals linked to a server and 1 stand alone pc

phildux 09:25 17 Aug 05

Windows XP pc terminals linked to a server and 1 stand alone pc

keith-236785 09:31 17 Aug 05

is this the password for the bios, or for the windows login,

if it is the bios, there is probably a secret password to enable you to get into it.

windows is different, you will need some password cracking software or just format and start from fresh but i appreciate that isnt an option.

speak to the employer and threaten legal action unless they unlock the pc's. you can try for nothing. but if the person left on bad terms they will probably tell you to stuff it where the sun dont shine.

click here for some good reading.

phildux 09:34 17 Aug 05

gose through start up then come's to enter password screen and thats the end.

Graham ® 09:49 17 Aug 05

Can you leave the password blank and click OK?

phildux 09:53 17 Aug 05

no its says "incorrect password"

phildux 10:28 17 Aug 05

are there any names for password cracking software as this is getting really desparate now or any web site i can go to

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Studio vs iMac 5K comparison review: Apple and Microsoft all-in-one PCs battle it out

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Social media image sizes, specs and aspect ratios: the ultimate guide

New MacBook Pro release date, price and specs | New MacBook Pro 2016 announced: Now with Touch Bar…