URGENT HELP word not loading from start menu

march 19:33 26 Feb 03

Word not loading tried to reinstall but all that happens is computer freezes then after pressing ctrl alt del a message appears saying system low on resources. Plenty of resources available can anyone help please? Running windows 98se

MAJ 19:36 26 Feb 03

Search for Normal.dot and either delete it or rename it to oldnormal.dot. Then try again, see if that cures it.

march 19:52 26 Feb 03

Tried that, didnt find anything another suggestion please

MAJ 19:57 26 Feb 03

Didn't you find a Normal.dot, march? If you have Word installed, there should be one. Run a virus scan to be on the safe side. There are other options, but do the virus scan first.

spikeychris 20:00 26 Feb 03

Did you re-boot after the deletion?

march 20:09 26 Feb 03

found nomal.dot, comes up in files 7 folders under
normal c\windows\A 300kb m\s word temp - what do I do now?
dont think I reboted after deleting I did after reinstalling & word appeared lower down the list in start menu along with m\s office tools

Rtus 20:12 26 Feb 03

Is your word part of the M/S office suite?? if so theres a Add/remove/repair facility on the cd theres also a cleaner utility For when you wish to completely remove all trace of the suite.Cd\valupak ..sometimes needed when it wont let you reinstall cleanly..

MAJ 20:14 26 Feb 03

Rename all the normal.dot files you've found or delete them all. Word will recreate one, so don't worry. Then Restart Word and see does it cure the problem.

march 20:17 26 Feb 03

Yes it is part of M\S office etc, tried to repair and also have deleted then re-installed but I cannot access computer freezes then comes up as low on resources then nothing I have to shutdown

Rtus 20:30 26 Feb 03

Have you tried MAJ post ? > normal.dot address should read > C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Templates..Im wondering if youve recently had a virus? I assume youve scanned the hard drive recently...

Rtus 20:35 26 Feb 03

Sorry maj has allready mentioned virus..

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Switch price…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…