URGENT Help with uninstalling xp pro PLEASE

angeleyes1968 18:10 02 Dec 07

Hi can anyone tell me in simple terms how to uninstall xp pro and reinstall 2000??????

PLEASE!!!!!!

I have a s**t packard bell imedia with PROCESSOR INTEL CELERON 851MHz
126 RAM

It was originally millenium when new and the guy my son got it from upgraded to xp pro which even i know slows down your pc.

so i want to get rid of xp and install 2000 i have a legal copy of 2000 here now so i just need to sort it any advice please!

thanks

Aaron-188486 18:43 02 Dec 07

click here

This should be able to help you.

angeleyes1968 23:51 02 Dec 07

thanks aaron will this also apply to me installing 2000 instead?

Diemmess 14:07 03 Dec 07

Even with 2000 the computer will be slow by cuurent standards - CPU 800Mhz is very slow these days and your RAM the minimun required.

Make it your priority to copy and save any data you can't afford to lose from the old drive first.

Because you are trying to replace XP with an earlier Windows version you will not be able to just overwrite the XP system.

If you still have the ME disk or even a 98 startup floppy, you need to boot from it first.
Then there should be the opportunity to clean out drive C: by the FORMAT command.

Once formatted, you should be able to boot from the 2000 CD and install the system.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…