URGENT HELP : Scandisk Crashes Lost Disk Space

since a few days when my drive e is scanned by scandisk it crashes when it gets to the part 'of lost file fragments' and says scandskw closes due to 'dskmaint.dll'. This is causing me huge problems as today I tried to delete 700mb data it went to the recycle bin then when deleting pc crashes and when the pc is restarted the data is missing however it hasnt cleared any empty space on e drive , i suspect this is a problem with scandisk how can i repair scandisck ive looked over the net but cant seem to find a specific solution. pleaase try to help me cos otherwise this is going to eat my whole e drive up which is about 6gb of mp3s and documents etc. I tried tweakui to repair system files but it doesnt is there a way of reparing scandisck but i suspect its not enirely scandisck problem because scandick works fine on c: d: F: and g: its just on e drive that the problem arises. also on a last resort if i formatted e drive would it destroy the partition which i dont want to happen but i would format e drive if that gave me the opportuunity to give me full use of the space. also this problem hasnt affected my pc use its just that its eating away vaulauble hard disck space and whenever my pc crashes the error box appears on startup please help!

so how do i repair this drive why is it that scndskw crashes! is it cos last week i clsoed the pc twice by not properly shutting down i hope not!

wawadave 00:15 12 Mar 04

hello
do scan disk and defrag from safe mode.
and since your running m.e check out this link.
how to run m.e well version 5
click here

i tried in safe mode but still scandisk on e drive doesnt work

Mango Grummit 07:36 12 Mar 04

Are you running any Norton programmes?

also defrag doesnt even startup for e drive

weell last night i did afull system scan for viruses and none were found and my definitons are up to do, i am only running norton antivrus as withr egard to norton

^wave^ 07:44 12 Mar 04

what have you got on this disk

Mango Grummit 07:45 12 Mar 04

You have not answered my question and I have to go now. Some prgs (including Norton Speed disk) will cause this problem. They alter the formatting of the disk and the only way out is to format the partition.

Hang loose though -- someone may hav another answer.

Good luck, M

but this problem only arose towo days ago i have got mp3s and videos on this drive

Sethhaniel 09:08 12 Mar 04

154998 - Error Message: ScanDisk Cannot Check Drive
When you try to run ScanDisk, you may receive one of the following error messages: ScanDisk cannot examine drive <drive letter>: This version of Microsoft ScanDisk will work only with MS-DOS ...
support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q154/9/98.asp - More results from this site

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac