URGENT HELP REQUIRED-graphics/monitor problem!!!

freddy-firecracker 19:31 22 Jan 05

HI,

i have just tried to install an FX5200 AGP card into my PC which had onboard graphics but when i switched the PC back on it did not pick up the new card i.e no picture whatsoever. I checked the card was installed ok inside the tower and re-tried but the same thing happened as b4. I decided to go take it out and go back to the original onboard set up but when i switched the PC back i still do not have a picture. I unistalled the drivers as per instructions off the man in the shop but know i am left with a PC with no picture and a graphics card that doesn't work. IS THERE ANYTHING I CAN DO TO FIX THIS??????????

Computerdope 19:33 22 Jan 05

graphics in the bios, then restart your computer with the new card fitted, then load the graphics drivers

freddy-firecracker 19:40 22 Jan 05

I have already tried that i disabled them but still get no picture.

Computerdope 19:48 22 Jan 05

have you tried booting into safe mode, then the pc should be using the windows basic graphic drive, your computer could be sending a signal to the monitor it cant display

freddy-firecracker 19:50 22 Jan 05

Just tried that as well... nothing happening just blank screen saying no signal

JonnyTub 19:58 22 Jan 05

just to be sure and you've probably already checked this but make sure your monitor cable is pushed fully home, while your there check you haven't inadvertantly bent any of the pins on the cable.

freddy-firecracker 20:01 22 Jan 05

Check all cables,pins look fine..

JonnyTub 20:04 22 Jan 05

PLease describe exactly what happens from switching the pc on, i.e. the order of events, sounds, lights flashing, etc. Do this with the monitor plugged purely into the onboard graphics and the agp card removed

freddy-firecracker 20:08 22 Jan 05

No sound, MOnitor displays No Signal, light flashes. PC does not beep, green light comes on then Red light on PC flashes once or twice then solid green light. This is as above with the Onboard connection.

JonnyTub 20:11 22 Jan 05

which light, hard drive light ?

Also if left to continue, does it sound as though it's booting up?

freddy-firecracker 20:12 22 Jan 05

monitor light flashes green and if left nothing changes

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…