Urgent help required with FF and IE8 please!!!

julius44 08:10 07 Dec 09

Hello there and good morning to u all. Urgent help is needed here pls!!! Problem started yesterday mornong, I have a wired desktop, which works fine, and a Ps3 connected wirelessly, and this works perfectly as well. I have my cousins laptop vista here, which was working fine up till yesterday morning buw now out of the 3 browsers only google chrome works perfectly!!! FF and IE8 will not work!!! They just hang!!! with FF when i manage to first get to the google seach engine and then type in for instance bbc news..the webpages display fine, then when i click on the link, nothing happens the link wont even open!!!!! Ive scanned with kaspersky, no virused!!! used cc cleaner, used system mechanic.....problem still persists!!! Google chrome works fine, but i still need FF and IE8 to work!!!! Urgent help needed here pls!!!!

eedcam 08:17 07 Dec 09

System Restore perhaps?

Halmer 08:19 07 Dec 09

Zone Alarm?

Halmer 08:19 07 Dec 09

Zone Alarm?

julius44 08:26 07 Dec 09

I'm extremely desperate, so i did try system restore it gave me the option of other dates but i tried dec 1st....the laptop then did a few things, it shut down, and then started up again....and then it said system restore was unsucessfull. so i guess that did not work then. Any other suggestions pls?? Aslo i dont use zone alarm as kaspersky has its own firewall. I desperately need to sort this out very soon pls!!!!!!

AL47 10:16 07 Dec 09

click here"

its unusual that one of 3 work

does ff show this? this is what happens when my firewall blocks it..

just a shot..

AL47 10:18 07 Dec 09

hate how this site does image hosting

click here

rawprawn 16:48 07 Dec 09

Try this in IE, go to Tools> Internet Options> Advanced Tab and click on "Reset" at the bottom see if that changes your connectivity for IE

julius44 16:49 07 Dec 09

Hi there AL47, thanks for the links, but its neither of the images above......when i click on ANY link the webpage just hangs and nothing happens, thats all. I still need help pls!!!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…