Urgent Help Required

babybell 20:44 20 Jan 05

PC running windows XP Pro, Pentium 4. We removed two worm virus's, no others found and we began to remove some old files. Another virus was then suddenly detected and removed. We are having problems uninstalling anything from the pc, when we highlight a file and press delete, windows media player opens, and all files are coming up with an error message saying they are protected and cannot be removed. PC running very slow. Anyone shed any light on the situation?

VoG II 20:56 20 Jan 05

Are you sure you've got rid of all viruses? Try a free online scan click here

babybell 21:02 20 Jan 05

Running McAfee Version 9 2005, found viruses, removed them, but whilst were working it keeps finding more and more

Buchan 35 21:22 20 Jan 05

have a look at click here

Buchan 35 21:27 20 Jan 05

sorry, try click here

babybell 21:27 20 Jan 05

link doesnt work?

Buchan 35 21:29 20 Jan 05

VoG, I`ve messed up, can you give the Spybot address and maybe Spyblaster too? Please:-)))

Buchan 35 21:31 20 Jan 05

sorry babybell, my info is wrong, wait for an expert. I`ve asked one of the best, if not the best!

stalion 21:35 20 Jan 05
  DrScott 21:46 20 Jan 05

click here

Make sure you disable system restore (v v important - sounds like this is the main problem), close most of your background tasks, and re-try your antivirus program, ensuring all the updates are installed.

Then make sure you run windows update.

Then try the link above to delete spyware.

Should work!

babybell 22:15 20 Jan 05

Done a full Mcafee scan and it found nothing but now when ever we open a folder that contains an .exe file, mcafee pops up and says the exe file was infected by a "pete" worm virus. It doesnt seem to be finding it until we open the folder, now unless we sit here for 3 months and open every folder, what can we do? Its removed 14 worm viruses from the exe files so far!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…