URGENT help please?

buel 21:08 23 Jul 10

Hi, i have been trying to yse an xp cd to repair my faulty laptop, the last thing i did was press 'R' to repair windows xp and now i have a blue windows screen telling me i have 39 minutes to wait-PLEASE tell me this isn't doing a fresh installation???

Terry Brown 21:13 23 Jul 10

If you pressed R , you have possibly selected the Repair option.

If that is the case, you should not lose any data.
What is /was the problem?
i.e. What is the fault.
Terry

MAT ALAN 21:13 23 Jul 10

click here
if you followed these instructions then you should be OK...

Audio~~Chip 21:14 23 Jul 10

I would let the laptop complete and when you get the chance remove the CD ASAP. If the CD your using is not the one for your installed version of windows you will have validation issues and possible corrupt your pre-installed windows and loose date.

If you need help recovering your laptop and its a pre-installed Windows, please post with the Make, Model no &/or Service Tag and windows version the laptop originally has installed

buel 21:18 23 Jul 10

Ok, thank you all! To MAT ALAN, i cetainly did follow those instruction so a huge (potential) phew!!!!
To Terry, this is the fault:
click here

I shall keep you updated! (i nearly had a heart attack!!)

northumbria61 21:26 23 Jul 10

buel - why didn't you just carry on from your last post instead of starting a new one - it would have been easier for all concerned.

buel 21:34 23 Jul 10

Sorry for that, i just needed an urgent reply but i felt this title would get a reply incase i needed some quick advice like to take the cd out or something!
Shall i tick as 'resolved'?

northumbria61 21:38 23 Jul 10

Shall i tick as 'resolved'?

Well only you can answer that - is everything working ok again ? If so, yes, tick the box and click resolved

buel 21:46 23 Jul 10

Ooh- it is now offering me the options of 'regional and language options'? Is this still part of the repair options please?

MAT ALAN 21:49 23 Jul 10

probably, select english UK and carry on...you will have to follow any prompts at this stage to complete...

buel 22:13 23 Jul 10

Sorry for this but it now says
Target: C\WINDOWS\System32\licwmi.dll
The target ile exceeds and it's newer than the source.
Overwrite the newer file?

Is this ok to choose yes?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…