Urgent help please

Hetti 20:48 13 Mar 05

I tried to do a win office update (it failed to complete) i got message win could not complete update try later. When I tried to click OK everything was frozen, I then got error message..

"QE has occured at 0028:C00E8BE in VXD VMM
(B1)+ 000DBE. This was called from 0028:C004A9CI in VD VFAT (01)+0000AED"

it may be possible to continue normally press any key or CTRL+ALT+ DELETE.It would not let me use CTRL+ALT+DEL everything had frozen again, so I had to press the button on my PC tower (crash it?i think)it has work so far to let me get onto this site but Im worried what it will be like when I turn it off and then restart it. I run Win ME. Not sure if the zeros are zeros or letters o, but thet had dot in middle of them

VoG II 20:52 13 Mar 05

Don't panic. You'll be alright.

Tycho 20:56 13 Mar 05

Dear Hetti

Lovely tohear from you but could you please make sure that you head up your requests with the subject matter of the help that you need. This way the clever people who provide the help can make a quick decision as to whether they can offer help or not and whne someone else has the same problem the search facility has a good chance of finding it.

With much love from

Tycho :-)

p;3 21:41 13 Mar 05

your thread title does not make much sense for attracting the right help

you could try "win office update problem"

I have only looked at this thread out of curiosity and cannot help except to suggest that you close this one and restart wtih a more appropriately titled thread

FE ran a thread on "thread titles" just recently? did you read it?

sidecar sid 22:03 13 Mar 05

I would try again later as the error message suggests. As for your PC locking up I would not be to concerned as it has probably happened to every one running ME at one time or another(certainly happened to me on more than one occasion when I was running it)As VoG™ says don't panic.As regards your thread most members of the forum will be more than willing to offer help and advice regardless of it's title.

Hetti 22:28 13 Mar 05

p:3
No i did not read it, but hey I got the message loud and clear, we all make mistakes, i have apoligised!!

sidecar

Thank for your kind reply i will do as you say thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…