Urgent help needed - Scanjet - Installing

Bob Bob™ 10:43 25 Aug 09

Hello,

I am in need of urgent help regarding a HP Scanjet N8460 and Windows Vista SP2.

I am scanning the archives of my fathers office using this scanner and the inbuilt HP software.

Yesterday it worked fine yet today when I scanned a document it wouldnt save, the HP program would freeze and I would have to try again. I have not been able to scan one document today.

I then tried to uninstall and reinstall the software again, but now I get a terminal error causing a rollback of the installation so I cant reinstall.

The error is

" HP Smart Document Scan Software Installer Information

Error 1935. An error occurred during the installation of assembly component
{AE56AAF5-F3C0-3D4B-8859-A1E50A3E27BF}, HRESULT; 0x80070422.

The computer has been "streamlined" to cope with the Vista load on system resources so some service have been disable but they have been disable for months so I do not understand why now it has happened, however if there are any services I need check please list them.

Thanks
Rob

Bob Bob™ 10:44 25 Aug 09

The Computer is a Dell Dimension 9200
2.13 Core 2 duo CPU
2GB ram

Stuartli 10:51 25 Aug 09

Check in Services (Start>Run>(type)services.msc>OK) that the Windows Installer Service hasn't been Disabled.

Bob Bob™ 10:57 25 Aug 09

Thanks for the quick response.
Its set to manual (I think thats odd) but it says the service has started.

Stuartli 11:01 25 Aug 09

No, mine is set to Manual.

Try downloading the latest version of Windows Installer from:

click here

Bob Bob™ 11:05 25 Aug 09

Update does not apply unfortunately.

I installed Google Chrome today so I can install things. It seems to be a HP problem. Ill try their help and support as well as here.

Bob Bob™ 11:15 25 Aug 09

HP active chat is not available for my scanner, even though its in the drop down list of scanners.
I dunno. HP cant seem to help me anyway.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

VFX Oscar nominees 2017: Discover how the visual effects were created

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…