Urgent help needed-Mute Laptop

Epocs 13:10 16 Jun 04

I have been asked to do a format/re-install on a toshiba Satellite 4060XCDT laptop. I have formated and got almost everything working, however it does not output any sound at all, on dxdiag or media files. I have tried Toshiba drivers and reference files to no avail. I think it has an ESS Meastro and it shows it is installed properly in sys info and there are no error messages - just no sound.

Its a bit urgent as I will only be able to get to the latop till about 2-3 o'clock so any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

woodchip 13:38 16 Jun 04

You have not said your OS, but regardless check the sound control in the system tray right click and open

Epocs 13:44 16 Jun 04

Thanks, I have checked the volume and whether it is muted. Sorry for the lack of OS, it is Win '98 SE.

Graham ® 14:08 16 Jun 04

Any of the Function keys got a speaker with a line through icon? Press the Fn key and that one together.

Epocs 20:41 16 Jun 04

I have had a look, there is one with a speaker symbol on it, when pressed it produces a beep that gets louder in 3 stages then gets silent. I have tried sound on all levels but no joy.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Studio vs iMac 5K comparison review: Apple and Microsoft all-in-one PCs battle it out

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Social media image sizes, specs and aspect ratios: the ultimate guide

New MacBook Pro release date, price and specs | New MacBook Pro 2016 announced: Now with Touch Bar…