//some 3rd party need geo

urgent help needed with harware install

mikeyboy32 20:15 06 Apr 05

I've got a destiny force feedback steering wheel plugged into the serial port opn my windows xp pc.i've downloaded drivers for it and the folder and files are on my desktop.
I've then restarted my pc, and new hardware has been noticed as being added to my pc, but it could not then find the driver for it.
My steering wheel is still not working.
have i added the drivers correctly and have i installed the wheel itself correctly? i've been to add game controllers in the control panel but my particular wheel wasnt mentioned.should it be after i had installed the drivers?
please help.i'm a novice at this and with this not beeing usb i'm a bit stuck!

great1 20:23 06 Apr 05

think you need to POINT add new hardware wizard to the folder on your desktop that contains the driver

G!

great1 20:29 06 Apr 05

Right click on my computer>properties>hardware>device manager>click on sound video & game controller your device should be in there, might have a yellow exclamation next to it right click on it and select update driver and point wizard to your desktop folder containing the driver
G1

mikeyboy32 20:42 06 Apr 05

thanks for the reply.i've followed your instructions but when i point it towards the folder with drivers on my desktop an error message appears.'an error occurred during installation of this device', 'the class installer has denied the request to install or upgrade this device'.

i noticed that on the screen before this it said 'the driver is not degitally signed'.
think this is why it would install properly.is there any way of getting round this? Or what would you recommend?

great1 20:45 06 Apr 05

It is an xp driver you downloaded? and the correct one for your device?

G1

mikeyboy32 20:50 06 Apr 05

it looks like it's for all operating systems including xp according to the webiste i got it from hereclick here

Having a look round on help on windows i've noticed that you can override so it will not look for digitally signed drivers.would it harm my pc if i did this?

Terry Brown 20:59 06 Apr 05

Follow Great1 advice , but continue on by right clicking it and select uninstall.When finished select any iten, right click and select Scan for hardware changes. If the software is on the harddrive this should re-install it.

great1 21:08 06 Apr 05

I've downloaded the driver i think is for your device and it contains a previou driver removal tool, does the one you have do this?

mikeyboy32 21:10 06 Apr 05

where do i right click the item? as when i get near where to i point to the driver folder to it doesnt do anything.just says 'what's this?' and goes to help screen.

mikeyboy32 21:12 06 Apr 05

yes it has a file which when you click on it does say remove drivers.what next?

great1 21:16 06 Apr 05

click here

read the installation guide below the download file name on the above link

G1

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…