URGENT help needed

nobbie 23:17 29 Oct 04

my computer ran its normal scheduled virus scan with norton, but after the scan all of my incoming email are being deleted with the message "symantec email proxy deleted the following message"
from........
to.........
subject.....
i have not touched anything to do with the anti virus program, it just seems to have done it itself,
AND i am expecting some important emails, hence the urgency,
so please please please does any one know how to undo this problem
thanks in advance

kev.Ifty 23:24 29 Oct 04

What about switching E-Mail scanning off in Norton Antivirus?

Does this help?

Kev.

hugh-265156 23:25 29 Oct 04
  NickyK 23:25 29 Oct 04

Because this is urgent, I am writing now, though this is not in my area of expertise. My reply might be naif, but I have just had a somewhat similar problem. All my saved e-mails vanished, but had been saved into a folder. There's a chance there may be a filed saved somwhere on your PC. There was on mine, but I had to get help to reinstall it (and I don't use Norton).

Also, there's a possibility that Norton itself has created a back-up.

Sorry not to be of more help. But I do appreciate the problem and wishyou the best of luck.

Hopefully, one ofour peers will be able to help far more than my limited abilities can.

If it's any consolation, you're not alone. So don't let this upset you. I am reasonably sure this problem can be solved.

NickyK

terryr48 23:26 29 Oct 04

Have you tried looking in the "view quarantined items" of nav? they might be in there or you can view a report. hope this helps

you could try and configure it not to scan your e mails ..if thats what your talking about..you can do it but forgot how.. as i use a different firewall and av now..regards karl

nobbie 23:47 29 Oct 04

thank you all, but "hugs and kisses" to huggyg71, by using live update the problem seems to be solved,
unfortunately i cannot seem to find where my deleted messages might be as they are not in quaranteen, and i can't think of anywhere else to look.
BUT my main problem seems to have been solved so once again, thanks all especially for the quick response.
paul

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…