urgent help with laptop please

velodrome 17:04 09 Mar 04

I was recently given a Toshiba Satellite Pro 4200 series laptop. No handbook. When I first used it there was no problem. However, I think that I must have messed about with it somehow, as the screen is now unreadable. Can anyone tell me how to adjust the brightness please. Thanks in advance.

AubreyS 17:10 09 Mar 04

See if you can download the user guide. click here

AubreyS 17:12 09 Mar 04

I'm sorry about that. I don't know what happened there!

velodrome 18:41 09 Mar 04

Thanks for that. Downloaded the handbook but it looks as though you can't adjust the screen though. Must be caput. Thanks again

smudge101 19:20 09 Mar 04

Have you messed around with the screen settings?
Try starting windows in safe mode (hold F8 whilst booting) can you read the screen in safe mode?

velodrome 20:40 09 Mar 04

Thanks for the help. No just the same, can harly see the screen in safe mode. One of the problems is that the mouse id nearly invisible. Was OK but can't imagine what I have done as there seems to be no adjustment of the screen, so that I couldn't have cocked t up anyway. Still thanks for the suggestion.

anchor 09:26 10 Mar 04
  velodrome 16:03 10 Mar 04

Thanks to both of you. I think that Bela is probably right, but I'll e-mail Toshiba as suggested. The laptop is not new, and it seems to have had a lot of wear, so I don't want to spend any money on it. It surprises me though that there is no adjustment of the screen. I would have thought it was essential for a laptop in view of the many places that they are used. Thanks once again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…