urgent help fonts gone

aboutit 12:02 27 Aug 04

Hope someone can help when I started my computer today all my progs were marked in dots dashes square and question marks instead of letters. I looked at my fonts and I only have 2 there showing, so it looks as if they`ve all gone Can anyone please help me to get my computer back to normal

Dragon Heart 00:36 11 Sep 04

I had a similar problem when I started my PC tonight. Have you recently installed SP2 ?

Try click here

For me it was a simple fix as I save all my fonts on a CD. Have you an old Windows 98 installation disk ? If so you could try and download the font files to your fonts folder.

Click on 'Control Panel' and switch view to 'Classic', the fonts folder will be shown, open it and click on File and drop down to 'Install new font', search for the fonts on your old installation disk, select 'all' and press OK. Reboot your PC and everything should go back to normal.

Good luck

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…