Urgent Help and advice required as to the CORRECT items for better wireless please!!!

julius44 07:20 25 Aug 13

Hello good morning, and a happy(if wet) bank holiday morning to us all. I'm hoping to get the best advice for my scenario please, lol. Okay here we go. I live in a 1 bedroom flat, all rooms on same floor. I have the 10mb Virgin media fibre optic broadband from them and it comes with the superhub 1. I have a desktop PC, smart tv, smartfone, a ps3 player and a smart panasonic blue ray player, and I also have a nexus 7.

The router is near the desktop PC, so its connected with no problems, and have these which i purchased over 18 months ago via amazon uk TP-Link TL-PA21 200Mbps AV200 Mini Powerline Ethernet Adaptor Starter Kit. One of them does not seem to work now as there are no lights at all, so i believe its busted but not sure they were ever connected properly anyway, tried evertyhing, but lignts for one wont come on.

Well heres the problems ive been having. At times when i'm watching HD youtube videos via the LG tv app, it takes ages to load or custs out, and when i'm watching videos wirelessly in the bedroom on my nexus 7 or smartfone they tend to take ages to load or cut out.

So i'm looking to extend/increase my wireless signal to EVERYWHERE in my flat as I notice on my samsung smartfone the signal drops once in my bedroom. On the amazon webiste there are different tp link homeplugs/extenders so i'm not sure which ones to get so please advice. I made the silly mistake of getting the MYnet 750 HD dual band router from pc world as its was on offer for £19.99, now gone back to £49.99, and then I was stupid in NOT realising that I would have to turn my superhub to modem only, which still worked anyway, but having a router and superhub together for me was just silly and extra power source, so ive put it in a box and i''l sell it. So please peeps please give me the best advice. I'm wondering if its something I can have one of the adaptors just plugged in my room to increase wireless signal and 1 in the living room connected to the router?? Anyway i'm sure ill get the best advice here

Secret-Squirrel 09:30 25 Aug 13

" I made the silly mistake of getting the MYnet 750 HD dual band router..................I was stupid in NOT realising that I would have to turn my superhub to modem only........................but having a router and superhub together for me was just silly and extra power source"

I don't think it's silly at all and is a perfectly good workaround for your wireless problems. In fact, it appears that it's something that lots of Virgin customers do.

Note that if you go down the homeplug wireless-extender route you'll be adding two extra devices that are plugged into the mains and drawing power.

I think you should persevere with your previous thread that you seem to have abandoned.

julius44 09:34 25 Aug 13

Much appreciated secret-squirrel, but any other suggestions if I would like to use home plugs please??

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

New Corel ParticleShop plugin now available: 11 new brushes & 6 new brush packs

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…