Urgent Help!!!

Yimbo 15:26 07 Mar 09

I down-loaded about a dozen or so photos, to "My Pictures" and then discovered that copies had been made and added to this folder. I highlighted all the copies and pressed delete. I now find that yet more copies have been added - in fact the more I delete, the more copies are being produced. I now have about 32 sets of copies in "My Pictures" What's happening here? How do I stop this flood? I'm using XP home.

Yimbo 15:28 07 Mar 09

Just looked again at "My Pictures" I now have 56 copies!!!!

rdave13 16:29 07 Mar 09

As a temporary measure, until you get an answer to the problem, try selecting the files then right click and hold down shift when selecting delete. This permenently deletes the files, bypassing the recycle bin. Note that the files will be permanently deleted so be careful what you select.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:33 07 Mar 09

Could be a virus or malware I suggest you run scans with updated antispyware and anti virus first.

Yimbo 17:06 07 Mar 09

I ran Zone Alarm through - it found 11 spyware items, now deleted. I cut and pasted all the files in "My Pictures" which I wanted to keep, to another folder. Then selected all that was left, and deleted. Around 2000 copies were deleted, and I restored the files back into "My Pictures" again, and all seems to be well now! Don't know what caused all this - was it the spyware?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5