krazi kid 18:19 28 Apr 05

hi, i have just installed norton anti-virus 2005 on my windows ME after the installation i restarted, then came up live update, after that had finished it crashed, so i restarted by pressing ctrl alt + del twice. when the pc came back on an error message came up straight after windows ME screen appeared saying, windows could not upgrade 1% to 2%, 1% 2%, or a very similar message, no matter what i do or how many times i restart, it keeps happening!! i am now neeing to use my spare computer to post this message, i need urgent help, anybody with any ideas please post to this forum, many thanks!

Diodorus Siculus 18:27 28 Apr 05

Boot with the WinME CD and reinstall over the current version.

krazi kid 18:29 28 Apr 05

theres a problem with that, the cd was borrowed by a friend to pudate my win 98, but curious, how would i have ran the cd if i cant get onto the desktop or any part of the system, that i know of anyway?

Indigo 1 18:29 28 Apr 05

Re-boot with the ME disc in and select Repair option.

I had a similar problem with NAV and ME and gave up on both in the end.

Good luck.

krazi kid 18:35 28 Apr 05

if you gave up on both, does that mean you never got the problem solved?

and like i say thanks for the advice but i do not have the ME cd, it was borrowed, is there ANY other way to possibly do this...

krazi kid 18:37 28 Apr 05

if i was to re-boot with an xp or 2000 cd in would this also work? other than repair would i be able to overwrite ME?

Diodorus Siculus 18:39 28 Apr 05

With either xp or 2k, you can upgrade but would be better going for a clean install and using your data backup to restore your files.

Diodorus Siculus 18:40 28 Apr 05

Seems you borrowed the Me CD, why not go back to your oringal, (legal?) os of win98?

krazi kid 18:45 28 Apr 05

i have just read an articly by microsoft and i was told to use ME startup disk and with instructions on how to get to system restore from there, as i am not able to reach the destop.

im very stressed at this moment to know that my pc has just broken because of NAV which i am very suprised about as i thought it was a very trusting software, i have certainly hve not had this trouble in the past, intallin NAV 2003 anyway. any other ideas?

krazi kid 18:49 28 Apr 05

if i instert windows 98 startup disk instead of ME will this still work? i mean if i intsall this instead?

Diodorus Siculus 18:55 28 Apr 05

You will probably have to format the disk and resinstall with win98.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…