Urgent Driver Help Required

babybell 14:58 10 Sep 05

My sister has just got a pc from her work, a dell optiplex GX150 (Serial Tag 7xvm50j) but it had no operating system, i have just installed windows 98se on it, but the display driver is set to VGA mode and i am currently running it at 16 colors. Can someone please advise where i can download the correct driver for this pc, i have tried that dell website but cannot see it, i must be missing something. Please help

babybell 15:00 10 Sep 05

In the adapter section it is currently reading Standard PCI Graphics Adapter VGA

ACOLYTE 15:07 10 Sep 05

We need to know the Graffix card make to point you in the right direction,is it onboard graffix? if so maaybe the drivers are on the mobo cd.I would say download belarc but im not sure if it will tell you the card make without the right drivers bieng installed it may just say standerd VGA but its worth a try click here

AndySD 15:09 10 Sep 05

click here and create an account you can then enter the tag and get the video drivers

babybell 15:11 10 Sep 05

Where can i find the type of graphics card i'm using? Everywhere in System Info keeps saying standard PCI Graphics Adapter VGA. The graphics card just came with the unit, don't think it is anything special

babybell 15:13 10 Sep 05

There are several video card adapters on there, which one shall i choose?

woodchip 15:14 10 Sep 05

This is the Info for your computer

click here

Drivers click here

babybell 15:19 10 Sep 05

I've tried several of them but windows keep's saying that the best driver is already installed on my pc???

dan11 15:28 10 Sep 05

Here are just the windows 98 drivers for the machine click here. Try the Intel 815 Series Integrated Video driver first.

It maybe that the computer is not using the on-board vga. It may have had a separate vga card installed.

AndySD 15:34 10 Sep 05

Open the case and look at the graphics card ( if its onboard the monitor cable will be connecte to the motherboard) See if you can see any make/model or numbers on the card, if so post them here.

Zion_Lion 15:43 10 Sep 05

Hi babybell... I know this is not related to your problem, but if you want a service pack for windows 98se click here

Regards ZL

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…