Urgent data retrieval from USB stick.

Sic 10:02 27 Apr 07

Morning people, my colleague at work has some word documents on a USB pen drive that she saved on last night (stick is regularly used for moving docs between work machine and home PC).

This morning when pen drive is inserted into machine it is recognised but wont open and prompts for format, couple machines tried.

Any suggestions to get docs of pen drive? Its rather urgent so all ideas welcome!

RickyC :-) 10:09 27 Apr 07

click here for PC Inspector File Recovery - it's been a while since I used it, but I'm pretty sure it will recover data from USBs.

regards

Richard
Cover Disc Editor

Sic 10:18 27 Apr 07

Cheers, will report back with results!

Sic 10:24 27 Apr 07

There does not appear to be an option to search for word docs, just pocket word docs (.psw) am i missing something on the interface?

Stuartli 10:52 27 Apr 07

You'll find freeware data recovery offerings for memory cards etc about halfway down this link:

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…