Urgent AVG Broken help please...thanks

madirishman 16:54 22 Mar 07

I'm using WinMe and this morning AVG free was fine.

Now the taskbar icon has turned black and I have a red square with a white exclamation mak in it and a message which says the following:

Antivirus component status could not be comfirmed.

At thge bottom of the screen I have a message wich says:

Component is registered correctly, however determining status failed with error 0x81000002.

earlier updating has worked ok and email etc has a green tick next to it.

I've tried to uninstall/reinstall it but got a message saying a full version of AVG was already on pc.

Tried same whilst in safe mode and got the message:

Uninstalling 1 error...action failed for file setup.exe: creating backup Acess denied[5]%DESTINATION%=C:\Program Files\Grisoft\AVGFREE\setup.exe.Install_backup,"

I think I now have no virus protection.

I've run adaware, A-squared,spyblaster and AVG earler nothing found. Everything for AVG is ticked on in msconfig startup

have not opened any emails or downloaded anything to pc since this morning. Just turned pc off and then back on this afternoon.

Thanks in advance,

Hugh

Totally-braindead 17:17 22 Mar 07

Download the latest AVG from Grisoft and install over the top. Its version 7.5 you want.

Do you know if you are already using version 7.5 or if you are using version 7.1 because 7.1 is no longer supported.

Heres the link to what you need click here

madirishman 18:22 22 Mar 07

Hello Totally-braindead, I went to neighbours and copied the file from the link you suggested to disk (worried about going on net without working antivirus program) and followed the instructions on the link you provided.

It worked :-)

Thankyou very much for your help.

Hugh

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5