Uprgrade your Vindows Vista Experience

mumboitaliano 02:27 15 Jun 07

Have a new laptop and vista didn't seem to be working propery, there were a few querks. I decided to install the CD that came with computer called "Upgrade your windows vista experience" thinking it was important to the set up. After a few hours of installation it asked me for a product key, it would not accept the one I had, and advised me to get one from internet. I've since realised i've started process to upgrade my basic vista to Premium. I've limited functionality now, and can only access internet, all programmes have disapeared, there is no start up menu, so cannot un-intall. Also cannot re-install Vista Basic as it came pre-installed and have no discs. I don't mind having to upgrade if this is the best solution and will solve the problems, but I couldn't even do that last night. I'd ge so grateful for any advice on this matter, thank you in advance.

mad1234 08:08 15 Jun 07

you should have a recovery disk that came with your laptop. this will restore your laptop to the factory defaults(ie when you first turned it on)

mumboitaliano 08:36 15 Jun 07

There were no recovery disks with the laptop just the upgrade disk.

superhoops 08:59 15 Jun 07

My Acer laptop didnt come with a recovery disc either. You are supposed to make your own using the software preinstalled ( a pathetic money saving scheme). I phoned Acer because the "Make your own recovery disc" software wouldnt work- always brought up error messages. The chap I spoke to said he would post me a recovery disc. havent had it mind(a week later). I would suggest you phone the support and ask for a recovery disc.
Alternatively when there is no recovery disc supplied there is often a recovery program hidden on the hard drive. On mine you press ALT and F10 at boot up and then you get an option to recover the system. Maybe yours has something similar?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…