Uploading Website to different ISP than Bband ISP

Goonhavern Blue 10:02 12 Feb 07

I currently use Tiscali Broadband.

However I have a large website stored on Feeeserve Webspace.

I seem to only get access to upload ehen I use by Dial Up modem to Freeserve/Wanadoo/Orange.

Is there any way I can upload to Freeserve / Wanadoo / Orange, using Tiscali BB.

Or is there another way to do it.

Any help appreciated.

Derek

anchor 10:17 12 Feb 07

I very much doubt it. Most ISP`s now only allow you to upload whilst using their own connection.

bennyhillslovechild 10:22 12 Feb 07

As Anchor said....also, are you trying to upload via their "sitebuilder" program or FTP?

Goonhavern Blue 10:38 12 Feb 07

I use an FTP (Terrapin) to upload my website to F/W/O ISP webspace.

Derek

anchor 14:03 12 Feb 07

Well you will have to face the fact that you must log on to the ISP, using your dial-up modem.

Do this at weekends, or off peak, and it won`t cost too much.

It will also keep your accounts active. Failure to dial in at intervals results in the loss of the account with most ISP`s. I do it monthly.

terryf 14:18 12 Feb 07

If your current isp offers free web-space why not download your site or use the copy you have on your hard drive (you do have a copy from when you ftp'd it, don't you) and put that on the new isp web-space. click here

Woolwell 15:07 12 Feb 07

If you don't use your Orange account by dial-up then it will eventually locked. It can be unlocked but the only way Orange can run your site is getting a slice of the dial-up phone bill. It would be better in the long run to transfer your site as terryf has said but even better would be to get your own domain name and host it with a provider and then it doesn't matter which ISP you are with and you don't have to worry about the url changing. However this option is not free.

Goonhavern Blue 19:20 12 Feb 07

Thanks everyone for your thoughts.

I cannot change the ISP as the website URL is published all over the place and it incorporates the freeserve extension.

If it was my own personal stuff and not my hobby, I would go and put it on tiscali's webspace.

I have 3 F/W/O email addresses, and they are good for about 3 months, then are suspended,I retrieve my settings and start again.

So I only call them up on dial up once in a blue moon for a couple of minutes.

Derek

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…