UPLOADING WEBSITE TO CUSTOMERS SERVER?

rotormota 20:07 23 Jul 07

Hi,

I use Serif WebPlus10 & created a website for a friend. I have uploaded it successfully using the correct ftp details but the new website has not replaced the old one when viewing on the internet. The server is EasySpace & Serif say that it may be that I need the exact folder name to upload to?

I'm assuming that it is possible to upload to any server using any web software?

Any thoughts?

Many thanks.
J

benjiboots 20:44 23 Jul 07

You will need to know the name of the folder that serves the site up from the server. Typically this is called "htdocs" or "public_html". Your best bet is to log in to EasySpace and find the name of the root folder then amend your FTP details in WebPlus accordingly.

HighTower 22:49 23 Jul 07

If the old site had an index page with the .html extension and the new has .htm, then preference will be given to the .html one, and that's the one you'll see until you remove it.

In short, make sure that there is only one index.htm file on the server, and it's the right one!

rotormota 07:30 24 Jul 07

Thanks.

Both replies are probably relevant but the old site has a .htm extension with my new one having the .html.

In WebPlus10 when I click 'maintain site' it shows me that a folder has been created at EasySpace when I successfully uploaded the new site yesterday but I can't see any folders for the old site

Would it have anything to do with the fact that the old site was created & uploaded from my friends PC & the new one from mine even though I used the correct ftp/user/password details?

Cheers.
J

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 7 simple tips to get more out of…