//some 3rd party need geo

Uploading to virgin freespace

andy625 18:47 19 Sep 05

I have been trying to connect to my virgin freespace using the ipswitch ftp program that virgin recommend. I filled in all the fields in the ftp setup as instructed by the virgin help page, however the ftp program keeps saying that the virgin server rejects my details.

I have been using upload.virgin.net, and my virgin username & password. Can anyone offer any advice, or tell me an easier way of creating a web page with a different company. I have used virgin as my ISP for the last few years but have never tried using the freespace before.

Thanks,

Andy

grumpy old git 11:14 30 Sep 05

Hi andy625, I know what you mean! I have used virgin freespace for three years with no problem but it was not always like that. I also tried to use Ipswitch but eventually removed it from my computer and I now use Ace FTP freeware available from Visicommedia. "click here"
It is intuitive and very easy to use, I have tried several others just to see what they are like but I now stick with Ace. Also when your FTP program asks for the destination folder type in 'docs' without the quotes. I hope this helps.

andy625 11:30 30 Sep 05

Thanks for the info. I've since managed to get the ipswitch to work, however my evaluation runs out in a little while and I don't really want to buy the program. Its nice to hear of someone who's also used the freespace. I will try the ace program out. Thanks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…