Uploading songs to phone

Not entirely computer related but I am sure you nice people will help! I have some mp3s, wav files etc which I want to send to my phone and have as ringtones etc. What format should they be in and is there any free software to convert these please? thanks.

SG Atlantis® 21:25 15 Mar 06

Which type of phone?

Which type of computer?

LG U8130 and Windows XP. I have a data cable to connect the phone to the pc.

SG Atlantis® 21:58 15 Mar 06

your phone will play mp3's, it has 32mb internal memory, so you should be able to fit a few tracks on it.

It should play midi files too but NOT .wav files.

The odd time I've converted audio I have used Nero Wave Editor. But usually you'll find the right file in the right format if you search google for it.

FatboySlim71 22:06 15 Mar 06

Try this program, this will allow you to cut the MP3 down to say 20 seconds in length, which is long enough to use for a ringtone. I have used this program many times for this purpose. I find the best/easiest way to put them on to the phone is by bluetooth, you can get these bluetooth dongles for around £15 on the net maybe cheaper.
click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…