Uploading site to Heart Internet

Josie2805 19:40 17 Aug 06

I'm completely lost & would be grateful for help with this. Site made in FP2003, published to local hard-drive but can't get it to upload to free Heart Internet webhosting. Log in ok to Heart but when I try to upload to the public_html folder as they said in email, either FP crashes or public folder is deleted & site uploads to root folder. What am I doing wrong?
Thanks for any advice

ade.h 19:50 17 Aug 06

Without seeing what you are doing or having a more accurate explanation, I can't say.

Josie2805 20:03 17 Aug 06

Trying to upload site via FP2003, having watched video on Heart site re same, I've been following instructions given. Entering click here & leaving destination folder blank as they say. Logs in ok to Heart & then I'm double clicking on public_html folder in right-hand pane & clicking publish site. FP usually crashes at this point. I hope this is slightly better explained, I sure I'm doing something very stupid here but this is all quite new to me. I eventually managed to get FP to upload a site to Streamline.net a few weeks ago thanks to help from this site. Thanks for your interest.

Josie2805 20:04 17 Aug 06

Sorry didn't realise that would turn into a click here, entering ftp . mysitename . co . uk

ade.h 20:26 17 Aug 06

You won't be able to upload to a sub-folder of the directory - such as public_html - if you don't enter it into the FTP settings.

Josie2805 20:31 17 Aug 06

Sorry if this sounds stupid, do you mean enter public_html in destination folder after I enter ftp address?

ade.h 20:39 17 Aug 06

Public_html is your destination directory. Like htdocs.

Josie2805 20:49 17 Aug 06

ade.h
Thanks have just uploaded site by putting public_html into settings & it worked perfectly. I wish I'd come here sooner for advice rather than watching and rewatching video re FP on Heart site. Simple when you know how, thanks again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…