Uploading Photos to Hard Drive Disc D

patrixpix 19:15 12 Aug 13

I have XP Pro on my PC. My method of uploading photos is from my DSLR direct to my computer with the cable and using the camera software ( Canon ). The computer by default imports files from this software to "C" Drive. To save diminishing space on "C" Drive I wonder if is safe to save files to Documents "D" Drive bypassing "C" -- "D " has loads of space. A few years ago I uploaded directly to an external drive which crashed the computer and I lost a lot of stuff. This is why I'm being cautious. So is it ok to upload to "D" instead of "C" ? Any advice would be appreciated . THX.

Patrick

wiz-king 20:33 12 Aug 13

D drive is usually used for a recovery drive and back up. Check what it is used for before putting anything extra on it.

woodchip 21:18 12 Aug 13

Why not drag the folders with contents to D:\ win Windows Explorer, right click on the folder with the photos in it and drag to D:\ in Windows Explorer. for Windows Explorer press Win Key + E Key

patrixpix 20:21 13 Aug 13

Thanks for the replies. Moving My Documents to D Drive and then opening newly uploaded photos in that location seems possible then.

woodchip 21:56 13 Aug 13

You did not say nothing about My Docs! no you cannot move that without doing other things, My Docs is better left where it is

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now