Uploading Photos to Flickr, - Broadband Seizes Up

thegreypanther 14:14 01 May 09

Recently I have had incredible difficulty in uploading files to Flickr. A recent batch of photos (80 x 3 Mb) took me about 2 days to eventually upload.
Initially all appears to go well, - a dozen or so photos are successfully uploaded, and then my broadband connection (Virgin cable) simply freezes up.
I have to follow Virgin's technical advice and shut down power to both the PC and the modem before I can go on-line again.
It ends up with me having close down / restart six or seven times before the upload is completed.
Is this a common problem?
Or is this a sign that either Flickr, or the local cable system, is become saturated?

jack 14:35 01 May 09

Check the Flickr Rules there may be a max size per image and batching stuff will make it worse.

Download ShrinkPIc from click here

A free automatic image re-sizer- it comes with a 'How to' movie

thegreypanther 14:49 01 May 09

As a Flickr Pro member. I am well within what is allowed to be posted on Flickr.
e.g. (Flickr's own terms)

"Flickr pro provides subscribers with unlimited uploads (10 MB per photo), unlimited photo storage, unlimited bandwidth, unlimited sets, archiving of high resolution originals,.... ".

Previously there has been no problem. It's only in the last week or so that things have been seizing up.

jack 17:07 01 May 09

Give your system a good clean up with C Cleaner.

It is still a good idea to use Shrink Pic.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac