Uploading Dreamweaver pages

Andrea2003 09:30 25 Jan 04

OK, call me stupid, whatever, but when I upload everything that I have created on Dreamweaver to my web site, I get the first frame with all the links on and the index page in the second frame. I click on the links and nothing happens, it just shows the index page. So, my question is, what am I doing wrong? Is there something I should be doing when I upload to my site or something I should be leaving out? I have checked that all the links point to where they should do.

Many thanks in anticipation!

Hi Andrea, could any number of things going on here. Starting with some basics, did you upload the entire site, or each page in turn? Did you click Yes to include Dependant Files? Have you checked with your ISP's help pages to access your files an the server - this will show exactly what is sitting on the server.

Dreamweaver has an excellent inbuilt Help section, have you sought a solution there?

Andrea2003 13:25 25 Jan 04

Hi there.

I uploaded each page in turn, but didn't click yes to include dependent files. I have to admit to being VERY lazy where help files and manuals are concerned but did try and find the answers on the web but no-one seemed to answer the questions I wanted.

I have checked the server to see what's on and eveyrthing has been uploaded as I wanted...just need to work out now what I've done wrong.

Thanks for your time, I shall go and check out the Dreamweaver help section again.

Forum Editor 14:05 25 Jan 04

you defined a new folder in the root of your web space - giving it exactly the same name as the Dreamweaver site folder on your local drive?

The you transferred all the site files to the remote folder via FTP?

Provided you did that, and ALL the files that are used in your local folder are in the remote folder your site should work in a browser.

Andrea2003 14:10 25 Jan 04

Ooohhh...no, I didn't...have never done that before but then I haven't used Dreamweaver before either.

Will go and give that a go as well...thank you very much.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…