Upload webpages to AOL through another ISP?

Gary 23:33 14 Dec 03

Does anyone know if it is possible to FTP upload webpages to free webspace on AOL via another ISP? I have worked with an AOL member to develop some webpages that they want to upload to their AOL space. They don't know how to do it and I have been trying to upload via my computer, but I don't use AOL. Is this not possible?

Gary

MAJ 01:13 15 Dec 03

Not usually, Gary, you have to be logged on to the ISPs connection to FTP to their webspace.

Djohn 01:23 15 Dec 03

Not sure if it is possible from a different PC but you can try the following Go to www. aol . co. uk

[Have left spaces so that it doesn't turn into a link]

You can log onto AOL using the members name and password. From there go to "Keyword" Website and look for using FTP to upload a site. j.

Sheila-214876 11:58 15 Dec 03

I use CuteFTP and I don't see a problem with that. I maintain 9 different websites from my computer, but only one is using AOL free web space. As long as you know the URL address, their User ID and password to access the free web space it should work.

Gary 12:10 15 Dec 03

that I think I need to be connected to AOL before I can upload. I am connected to the internet with a broadband package via another ISP. I think this means that I can't log in to AOL webspace?

Djohn 12:35 15 Dec 03

You can't through the normal process. You would need AOL software on your PC. But you can log on via the method I described above.

When I was with AOL but away from my PC, I could log on and access my account using a different ISP, to check my email and other account details. j.

Sheila-214876 14:31 15 Dec 03

No, I am not connected to AOL and I can upload files to my friends free web space using CuteFTP no problem.

Sheila-214876 14:31 16 Dec 03

email received and responded to. Don't know anything about SmartFTP but have given you the settings I use with CuteFTP. If my email works for you (or not) please respond on this thread, so that we all know how it is going. That way we might be able to come up with some other answers.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…