Upgradrade from 56K Modem to broadband.

Night Ryder 23:39 17 Oct 04

This is probably a simple question but I'm not getting the answers from BT I wish to hear. (They are being a bit vague about the whole issue).

To Explain:

I currently use a 56K modem for internet connection and am thinking of upgrading to Broadband. I currently pay a subscription to BT for "BT Surftime" and also pay a subscription to the Freeserve / Wanadoo for my connection. Combined these charges amount to more than a single Broadband charge would be.

What I'm trying to find out is if I change to a broadband connection can I loose the "BT Surftime" carge as well as the Freeserve / Wanadoo charge?

In other words, for broadband connection I don't need "BT Surftime", is this correct?

Djohn 23:46 17 Oct 04

Yes.

kev.Ifty 23:51 17 Oct 04

click here

Ditch BT surftime.

Wanadoo provide the BB Modem and the connection. You need a BT line and the cost's that that incurs , thats all.

Kev.

fsbb 16:14 18 Oct 04

Wanadoo (Freeserve) will automatically change your account to BB (upgrade), but I believe you will have to cancel SurfTime with BT yourself otherwise BT will continue to charge for this.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Hands-on: Acer Predator Triton 700 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This poetic animation about monsters is illustrated in a Van Gogh painterly style

Apple predictions 2017