Upgradrade from 56K Modem to broadband.

Night Ryder 23:39 17 Oct 04

This is probably a simple question but I'm not getting the answers from BT I wish to hear. (They are being a bit vague about the whole issue).

To Explain:

I currently use a 56K modem for internet connection and am thinking of upgrading to Broadband. I currently pay a subscription to BT for "BT Surftime" and also pay a subscription to the Freeserve / Wanadoo for my connection. Combined these charges amount to more than a single Broadband charge would be.

What I'm trying to find out is if I change to a broadband connection can I loose the "BT Surftime" carge as well as the Freeserve / Wanadoo charge?

In other words, for broadband connection I don't need "BT Surftime", is this correct?

Djohn 23:46 17 Oct 04

Yes.

kev.Ifty 23:51 17 Oct 04

click here

Ditch BT surftime.

Wanadoo provide the BB Modem and the connection. You need a BT line and the cost's that that incurs , thats all.

Kev.

fsbb 16:14 18 Oct 04

Wanadoo (Freeserve) will automatically change your account to BB (upgrade), but I believe you will have to cancel SurfTime with BT yourself otherwise BT will continue to charge for this.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…