Upgrading from win98 to 2000 or XP

xavier12 17:35 19 Jan 05

I received an IPOD for xams and the device disc states I must have Windows 2000 or XP operating system. How can I do this and how difficult will it be please

Diemmess 18:06 19 Jan 05

I am guessing, but I wonder if you even need to upgrade! The important thing is to install the correct drivers (instructions to the computer)so that it all works for you.

What system are you using at the moment. Is it Windows 98SE, or Windows ME?......... If it is either of these you may be able to find drivers on the net which will work for you. Try putting ipod and your OS into Google and see what is there.

If you still have to upgrade, then there are good reasons to be sure your computer can run the new system, so post as much detail of your version of Windows, its RAM and Hard Disk size so that others can join in with sound advice.

mattyc_92 18:48 19 Jan 05

You would have to format your system for XP!!!!

Not sure about Win2k

TomG 19:09 19 Jan 05

Why would you need to format the hard drive? I just bought an XP upgrade disk and al has been fine - the issue can be whether your pc has enough processing power and memory to cope with XP.

Same with win2K but 2k is really for businesses

bremner 19:17 19 Jan 05

iPod does require 2000 or XP according to Apple. click here

You can purchase an XP upgrade for about £80 and this will require no formatting. You should however check the XP compatability click here

pb457 21:25 19 Jan 05

In Fact you need a previous version of windows to upgrade to XP

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…