Upgrading from a Voodoo 4

SDJ 22:48 28 Mar 03

I have a Voodoo 4 and whilst I dont play many games I am impartial to the odd flight sim here and there.
I have MS flight sim 2002 and Falcon 4, it seems pretty good if you fly at 40000ft where you cant see the ground!... no that is a slight exageration but I have never played these on a machine with an uptodate gfx card and was wondering if anyone could assure me that the expense of a new Ti4600 would give massive improvements.

I know on paper (specs) it should but I dont want to be at all disappointed after shelling out.

Cheers in advance

Mr-C 22:58 28 Mar 03

Depends on the rest of the system. It will give an increase but if your not into really heavy gaming a ti4200 might do just as well for a lot less dosh.

SDJ 23:01 28 Mar 03

sorry forgot to mention, im on an Athlon 1ghz, 1gb sdram, 1x60gb and 1x80gb HDD.

I was just thinking of furture proofing to an extent thats why the ti4600.

Paranoid Android 23:08 28 Mar 03

I agree - Ti4200 is a very cost effective option.
However, don't ignore the Radeon cards, some of them are quite clever.

There is no such thing as future proof. In a few years time we'll all be computing with atoms (like I do now).

SDJ 13:21 29 Mar 03

Thanks PA is was thinking about future proofing for the next 30 days:-)

I think I may consider a radeon, Im not one to upgrade all the time, so whats important to me is dual monitor support.

Thanks all

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…