Upgrading Sound Card -Recommendations

Completealias 21:30 19 May 05

Hi there am looking into upgrading my sound card and would also like to have the capabily to record my guitar into the pc.

I have a budget of around £125 and so far have looked at creatives either audigy 4 or audgiy 2 platium pro both with the breakout box as I don't have a spare bay slot to put the front panel in. Yes they are both slightly over budget at about the £150 mark.

Was having a look again earlier today though and came across a device called the M-audio fast track USB which for the money comes in at around the £65 quid mark looks like it may well do the job of allowing me to record my guitar. Having had a look at reviews for this device though there seems to be a bit of a mixed bag some love it some hate, so was wondering if anyone on here had heard of it or used it?

Also if I did end up buying this then what would be a good PCI sound card to buy for the other £60 as ideally would like to upgrade the onboard sound.

Or is it just better to stick with the creatives lab solution?

or has anyone else got any other ideas / recommendations

Cheers all

Completealias 13:06 20 May 05

Technotiger 14:16 20 May 05

Hi, I have the Audigy2 pci card - for my humble needs it is excellent, I am not a musician. However it would suit you for recording your Guitar as it does have Recording facility.

Technotiger 14:21 20 May 05

ps - £65 from my local pc shop (PCideals) back in Sept 2004.

Completealias 23:03 20 May 05

Thanks for that technotiger

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Battlefield 1 review: Destructive environments, phenomenal graphics and an emotional campaign make…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Microsoft HoloLens hands-on review

How to use System Preferences in macOS Sierra (and Mac OS X): Complete guide to personalising the…