Upgrading rewriter to Bluray

bazza11 18:01 PM 29 Nov 11

I have a 4 year old Dell Inspiron 530 desktop with Intel Core Duo E675 @2.66GHz, 4GB RAM, and NVIDIA GeForce 8600GT, with 2x300GB disk drives. I am running Vista Home Premium 32bit. I have bought a Panasonic HDC-SD90 full HD camcorder and would like to create Bluray discs from my edited footage. Can I just buy and install an internal Bluray rewriter, and a separate player to connect to my tv? Anything I should look out for in terms of compatibility? Thanks.

kdt 21:57 PM 29 Nov 11

just to let you know that 2 years ago after I had placed the order with Dell w7 i860 6gb RAM vostro desktop I had asked them(Dell) whether I could play/write Blueray discs, think I was told something about chipboard support as well and they could not do it as the pc was on its way to me. Suggest contact Dell support to know first hand? Good luck.

eedcam 22:32 PM 29 Nov 11

Hi first I would use this to check whether your PC is up to it Cyberlink bluray Second Why bother you can put your HD onto a standard DVD that will play on a bluray player as HD albeit maybe a max of about 20mins

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best Cyber Monday deals 2015 live blog: Best UK Black Friday weekend deals & best UK Cyber Monday…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The best Black Friday Deals for designers and artists – updated

20 Mac Power User Tricks... That You Didn't Know